Condren Galleries Ltd.
Stephen F. Condren ~ Artist
22 Hawley Street, Suite #305
Grayslake, Illinois 60030
Condren Galleries Ltd. is a Fine Arts Gallery which opened in 1995. Our goal is to provide both a superior customer experience and tremendous value for our customers.
I have over 35 years of experience in Figure Drawing & Painting, Architectural Renderings & Perspective Drawings, Landscapes, Skylines, Portraiture, and House Portraits.
I am an Irish Catholic and was born in Chicago, Illinois. Our parish was St. Philip Neri, in South Shore, where I was educated. Our family lived in the Jackson Park Highlands. We were members of the South Shore Country Club, (three generations), on the shores of Lake Michigan and the Chicago Athletic Association, where I learned to swim. I swim a mile every day.
On my father’s side, I am the son of James Corwin Condren, a lawyer and businessman who owned Favor Ruhl & Watson, an art supply company on Wabash Avenue, downtown Chicago. Dad also owned the Silver Smith Building at 10 S. Wabash that was the home of Favor Ruhl & Watson. Art was in my blood. Dad sent me to the Art Institute of Chicago for the children’s art classes on Saturday mornings. I also attended the American Academy of Art on Saturdays as well. Mr. Young was the owner of the American Academy and my father knew him. My grandfather was Dr. Francis Leo Condren, a scholar, and ardent family man that was an outstanding provider. My grandmother, Catherine Margaret Gorman, was from the Ravenswood neighborhood in Chicago. My great grandfather Francis Gorman owned a very successful dry goods company in the Pullman District in Chicago.
On my mother’s side, I am the son of Beulah Mae Dunn, from Our Lady of Mt. Carmel parish in Lakeview, Chicago. A lady of grace and high station, she grew up in a duplex penthouse on North Lake Shore Drive in Lakeview. Mom met my dad at DePaul University, where dad was attending law school. My grandmother, Beulah Clark from Frankfort, Indiana, was Miss Sweet Chicago in 1917. My grandfather, Philip John Dunn met and married her because of the beauty pageant, on the pageant’s Great Lakes cruise. Grandpa Dunn was the owner of the Dunn Coal & Oil Company in Chicago. My great grandfather John Dunn was the founder of the Dunn Coal & Oil Company. I am all Irish.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA), School of the Art Institute of Chicago.
- Masters of New Testament Theology, Trinity Seminary
- Masters of Studio Arts (MSA), Northern Illinois University.
- Masters of Educational Administration (MS.Ed), Northern Illinois University.
- School Principal, Type #75 Certificate.
- Certified Public High School Teacher, Type #09. Art, English, World History, American History.
- Provisional Vocational Certificate, Type #34. Architecture, Graphic Arts, Printing.
- German, Spanish, and Japanese.
- United States Navy
- USS Midway CV-41
- Third Degree Knight, Member #4939238, Council #9689
- Better Business Bureau (BBB).
- Grayslake Art Alliance
- Grayslake Chamber of Commerce.
- Mainstreet Organization Of Realtors ~ Affiliate Partner.
We love our customers and welcome your feedback and suggestions. Use our Contact Us page to tell us what we’re doing right or what we can improve on.